This weekend we celebrate the 4th of July! Happy birthday America!
As we celebrate our freedom and our country, be sure to sparkle in all the right ways! Here are my tips for an amazing 4th of July celebration!
- If You are Hosting a Party
- Be festive!
- Decorate with red, white, and blue everything – Click to visit my Pinterest Holiday Decorating board for some inspiration!
- Incorporate the holiday theme into the foods you serve – Click to visit my Pinterest Holiday Treats – 4th of July board!
- Wear fun yet tasteful accessories!
- Sparklers are a great way to join in on the firework festivities! Here is a cute way to set your table or wrap your silverware that includes sparklers for everyone 🙂
- Basically, go all out in honor of our amazing country!
- Creating a signature cocktail, whether in how it looks or the ingredients you use, is a great way to put your own creative spin on the party. Here is a cute idea for serving a “Sparkling Spritzer”
- Have party favors for your guests to take home or have things you can pass out during the party to get people into the American spirit!
- Be festive!
- If You are Attending a Party
- Offer to contribute an appetizer, drink, dish, or dessert for all to enjoy.
- Take a host/hostess gift.
- Dress the part – Proudly wear your red, white, and blue!
- Offer the host/hostess your assistance during the party.
- Write and send a thank you note within three days of attending the gathering.
- Honor and Respect the Flag 🇺🇸
- Fly the flag all day! Be sure to keep a light on it when the sun goes down.
- I know it is cute to use plates or napkins that have the American flag on them as a decorative piece, but here is something to keep in mind: Even though it is not technically a real flag, eating off the flag and the act of wiping your mouth or using the flag to clean your hands is disrespectful. Avoid using American flag plates and napkins if possible.
- NOTE: A design of stars and stripes is great, I mean the actual American flag printed on something.
- If you are wearing apparel or accessories with the American flag on them, ensure they are tasteful and appropriate. The flag should not be partially displayed (it should always be displayed in it’s entirety), tattered, or “distressed” in any way. You should also never drape yourself in the flag.
- Watch this interview featuring Gary Biggs of Protocol Partners for additional, valuable flag protocol information.
- Remember and thank the service members who have fought and are currently serving to continue protecting our freedoms.
I would love to see how you all incorporated my tips into your celebrations so please share them with me! You can submit a photo or comment on this post or through my Contact Me page.
Have a wonderful 4th of July! God Bless America! 🇺🇸